Other Benefits Of A Metal Roof
- Longevity: A metal roof can last up to three times as long as a conventional asphalt shingle roof with proper maintenance.
- Sustainability: Metal roofs are 100% recyclable at the end of their lifespan and are typically made of recycled materials.
- Metal roofs are non-combustible and have a Class A fire rating, making them fire resistant.
- Metal roofs have been tested to withstand wind gusts up to 140 mph.
- Metal roofs can withstand impacts from hailstones up to 2 inches in diameter.
- Snow and Ice: Because metal roofs are slippery, snow and ice don't tend to accumulate on them.
- Lower Insurance Costs: If you have a metal roof, you may be eligible for a homeowner's insurance discount.